Sunday, December 8, 2013

DIY Let It Snow Garland


I keep saying I'm done decorating for Christmas but then I just keep going. So here's my latest project, which is kind of similar to this earlier felt letters garland, but a little different.

What you need:
  • white felt
  • scissors
  • hot glue
  • blue embroidery thread and needle
  • white pom poms






Cut your white felt into nine small white flags. Mine are about two inches tall. Then start cutting letters out of the center of each one. You can use a template if you have one, but I just eyeballed each one. Make sure you leave at lease a half inch at the top of each flag. Then you'll need to fold over a small portion of the top and glue it to itself as shown. Take your embroidery thread and string it through half of your pom poms first, and then through the top of each letter. Then string it through the other half of the pom poms. Hang it on your mantle or a photo like this one. That's it!


Do you have any holiday decoration projects you're still working on?

3 comments :

  1. This is adorable!!! I want to make on with a saying I can keep up all year now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make one too! I'm trying to think of a good saying for it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! The poms on the ends are a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...