Monday, October 7, 2013

DIY Fall Leaf Crown

 I've always wanted to be one of those people who take a lot of fashion risks. I'm working on it, but it doesn't come naturally to me, so if there's something I've never worn I will likely go through a lot of stress before actually working up the nerve to wear it. That's been the case with flower crowns for years now. I finally feel a little more confident with it, but now it's fall and not necessarily the ideal time for flower crowns. Solution: make a flower crown with leaves.


There are tutorials for flower crowns pretty much everywhere. So this tutorial could be kind of easy: find your favorite flower crown tutorial. Substitute flowers for leaves. Done. But if for some reason you're interested in how I made this one with my limited supplies, here you go.

What you need:
  • Wire
  • Tissue paper or fabric
  • Leaves
  • Hot glue

Cut two pieces of wire that can each wrap around your head 1 1/2 times. Cut strips of fabric or paper that are about 1 inch wide, then begin wrapping them around your wires so that they're covered, gluing them in place as you go. Once both the wires are covered, intertwine them so that they're the right size for your head and wrap any excess wire around them so that they stay in place.



Then you can begin gluing your leaves in place. I prefer the look of smaller leaves, so I just cut up some of the bigger ones that I had. But if you are more bold than I, you can definitely go with full sized leaves instead. That's all there is to it!

 
 

1 comment :

  1. ah, this is the cutest thing ever! i love the leaves that you used because i think i bought the same ones at the dollar store?!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...