Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DIY Light Up Constellation Canvas

This is one of my favorite projects I've worked on in a long time. I love making things that light up because I don't actually have a light in my living room so I like to come up with creative ways to add light to that space at night. This one was really easy and fun!


What you need:
  • 1 wood framed canvas
  • black, blue and white acrylic paint
  • paint brushes
  • 1 strand of lights, preferably battery powered
  • scissors
  • tape

 


Start by painting your entire canvas black or dark blue. I just mixed both colors throughout the canvas so it's different shades in different spots. Do two or three coats. Then choose which constellation(s) you want to include and use the back of a paintbrush dipped in white paint to mark each star. Once the paint is dry, use a small pair of scissors to poke holes in each star. Then take your strand of lights and tape it around the inside of your canvas. Turn the lights on and enjoy looking at "stars" from inside your home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...