Thursday, September 12, 2013

DIY Black Cat Shoes


I've seen a lot of flats lately that have little cat faces on them, and I think they're really cute. Luckily, I already had an abundance of plain black flats lying around so I could try to make my own.

What you need:
  • plain black ballet flats
  • hot glue gun
  • yellow highlighter


Start by cleaning off the shoes to make sure there's no dust or anything. Then use your hot glue gun to just make three dots on the top of each shoes to represent the eyes and nose of the cat. Add a little mouth right under the nose, and then add three skinny whiskers on each side. Let the glue dry, and then take your highlighter and draw over the hot glue to make it really stand out. You can skip this step if you want a more subtle look, but I like the neon addition and I think it almost makes it look a little halloweeny. Now, you can also add some little kitty ears above the eyes by just drawing little triangles, or if your shoes have bows like mine you can just let those serve as the ears. It probably makes it look a little more like a bunny than a cat, but that's fine. I like bunnies too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...