Sunday, September 1, 2013

Alcoholic Butterbeer Recipe

It's September 1, which could mean a lot of things to different people: cooler weather, pumpkin spice lattes, etc. But to me, September 1 is Hogwarts Express day. Time to go back to platform 9 3/4 and prepare for a new school year. So in celebration of that, even though I still haven't received my owl, I've prepared a new butterbeer recipe. Enjoy!



Mix 8 oz cream soda with 4 oz light beer and 1 tbsp butterscotch schnapps. In a small saucepan, melt 1tbsp margarine and mix with 2 tbsp brown sugar. Remove from heat and mix 1 cup marshmallow cream and 1 tsp butterscotch schnapps. Pour the cream sugar/beer mixture into a cup and spoon the marshmallow cream mixture over the top.


If you're looking for a non-alcoholic butterbeer recipe, I did share this slushie version last year and it's also pretty delicious. What's your favorite magical beverage?

3 comments :

  1. I'm still convinced my owl got lost. My letter is out there, somewhere. I think this calls for an HP marathon over the long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right! I'll take any excuse to celebrate with some Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh this sounds AMAZINGGG! You are awesome. Ive still got my fingers crossed for an owl too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...