Monday, August 5, 2013

The Almost-Beehive


I've always loved old beehive hairstyles. And for awhile now, I've been really wanting to try one on myself. However, I'm pretty nervous when it comes to wearing my hair in new ways - I stick with top knots and low ponytails most days - so a full on beehive is pretty terrifying to me. But I did come up with a little tamer version that's actually pretty easy.


Start with straight hair. Use a volumizer or whatever kind of volume adding technique you prefer aside from teasing. I usually just flip my hair over my head and use some hairspray. Then separate your hair into two sections, tie the top third of your hair on top of your head. With the rest of your hair, flip your head upside down and tie that section into a little folded ponytail, as shown in the fourth photo, leaving a few inches between your ponytail holder and your head. Use a clip or two to secure it in place, keeping the ponytail section as high up on your head as possible. Then take the top part of your hair out of its ponytail holder, fold the bottom under and secure it over the bottom section with some bobby pins. Use some hairspray to hold it in place and you're done!


I actually wore this out of my apartment the other day which is kind of a big deal to me, but I got a lot of compliments on it and it stayed put all day!

1 comment :

  1. This is cute! I wish I was better at actually making my hair do what I want it to.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...