Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lemon Riesling Cocktail Recipe

A lot of times when I'm trying to come up with recipes for things, whether it be food or drinks, it begins with me looking up existing recipes and then seeing what I have around my apartment to replace the actual ingredients. This is mainly because I just don't want to buy things, but sometimes it allows me to play around with different ingredients and make new discoveries. Other times it turns into a disaster. This isn't one of those cases, thankfully.


That is how this recipe started. I took the basic idea of a French 75, but I didn't have any gin or champagne. Those are the two main ingredients, so this really isn't a French 75 at all anymore. But it is a new discovery and I was pleasantly surprised.

Start by mixing 1 tsp sugar with 1 tsp water to make a simple syrup in a champagne flute. Then add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp vodka. Then fill the rest of the glass with riesling and add a lemon twist garnish. Kind of a rip off, but that's all I got. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...