Monday, August 19, 2013

DIY Diamond Photo Display


I'm always looking for new ways to display photos around my apartment because, as you know, I hate having any open space on my walls and I also hate plain old photo frames. So here's an idea I came up with that's really easy and adds a cool geometric element.

what you need:
  • 4 or more photos
  • a black and white printer
  • thin cardboard/cardstock
  • a pen
  • scissors
  • tape



Start by picking out a few of your favorite photos and printing them in black and white. My photos are 4x6 inches, but you can scale them larger or smaller if you so choose. Take a thin piece of cardboard or regular piece of cardstock and fold it in half, then cut out a diamond shape that is even on both sides. Using that as a template, mark a few diamond shapes on each of your photos. Cut them out and space them evenly along your wall. You can use tape to make sure that the lines are straight (I probably should have done that a little, now that I am looking at the pictures).


That's it! I think I'm going to keep adding photos to mine over the next few weeks/months. But I'm really happy with the way it turned out so far!

2 comments :

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...