Monday, August 19, 2013

Beer Cheese Soup Recipe


I love cheese and I love beer, so beer cheese soup is a really great thing to me. I've never actually tried making it before (until now). It just really seemed like a thing I would want to have on hand at my apartment pretty much any time. It didn't disappoint. Here's how I made it.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
  • 1 bottle light beer
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
  • 2 cups half and half
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1-3 cups flour
  • 1/2-1 1/2 cups water

Melt the butter or margarine in a large soup pot over medium heat, then add the garlic and worcestershire sauce and stir. Add the beer, raise the heat to high and boil for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, bring back to a boil, and lower the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add the half and half and cheese. Stir constantly until all of the cheese has melted. Combine 1 cup flour with 1/2 cup water. Add mixture to the soup and stir constantly until it has melted. Repeat mixture 1-2 more times until soup reaches desired consistency.


That's it! Just add some croutons, bacon bits, or shredded cheese to the top and enjoy the beer-cheesy goodness.

1 comment :

  1. Ahhhh, this sounds absolutely delicious! I, also, love beer and cheese!!! AND soup! Especially with Autumn right around the corner. :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...