Monday, August 12, 2013

5 DIY Hair Masks

I've been really into making my own beauty products lately, both because I like making things and I dislike spending money. So all of the following deep conditioning hair masks were made with things that were already around my apartment. They all worked just as well if not better than hair masks I've bought.


Honey and Olive Oil Hair Mask // This one made my hair really, really shiny and smooth. Just mix 4 tbsp olive oil with 2 tbsp honey and either heat for a few seconds in the microwave or rub between your hands to heat it up slightly. Run through your hair, focusing on the ends, and leave in for at least an hour before washing off.



Green Tea Hair Mask // This one is so simple and just made my hair feel really clean and soft. Just brew a cup of green tea, let it cool, put it into a spray bottle and spray it throughout your hair. Cover your head in a towel and leave it in for at least an hour before washing off.



Baking Soda Hair Mask // This is another one that just made my hair feel cleaner than normal. It's probably something I should do at least once a month or whenever I use extra product like hairspray or other junk. Just add 2 tbsp baking soda to 3 cups water and run it through hair in the shower after shampooing.



Lemon and Vinegar Hair Mask // This mask can also be used to get rid of build-up from extra product, but it also made my hair really shiny and it actually calmed down frizz as well. Just mix 2 cups apple cider vinegar with the juice from one lemon and massage through hair 5-10 minutes before showering.



Egg, Coconut Oil and Beer Hair Mask // Okay, it was really painful for me to use beer in any way other than drinking it, but this was probably my favorite mask of the bunch. It made my hair really shiny and also kind of bouncy. Mix 1/2 flat beer with 2 tbsp coconut oil and a raw egg. Let sit for 15-20 minutes before washing.

Do you have any favorite homemade or natural hair products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...