Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Paint Splattered Rug

Sometimes DIY projects just don't turn out the way you expect. This is one of those times.


Last week I decided to re-paint my coffee table to match my side table. That turned out completely fine, but I did drop some paint on my living room rug. This is far from the first time that's happened. I picked up the rug last year on clearance, so I don't take the greatest care of it despite really liking it. I had been thinking for awhile that I should try something to cover up or mask the paint on the rug, and these new paint drops had me pretty motivated. So I decided that I should probably just splatter the whole rug with paint so it would look intentional. I mean paint splattering is like a cool thing, right? I even have some paint splatter art on my walls so it'll be consistent throughout the room. Awesome.



So I started just throwing paint around. Admittedly, I didn't do much (read: any) research about what types of paint to use or if there are right and wrong ways to paint a rug. I'm more of a trial and error kind of person. This was an error, I think.


It's probably not the worst thing in the world, and you definitely can't tell where the accidental paint stains are now. But I think I preferred it how it was before. Plus you can definitely tell when you're stepping on paint as opposed to plain rug so that's kind of annoying. But oh well, I can live with it. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...