Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Manage Frizz With a Headband Twist

If you have curly/wavy hair then you probably feel my pain when there's even the slightest bit of humidity in the air. Basically all summer, every summer, I have a head full of 100% frizz that starts before I even leave my house. So I'm always trying to come up with different ways to wear my hair so that I don't look like Cousin It. This is a really easy one that is probably already a thing, but I don't know if it has a name so I just call it a headband twist. All you need is a headband (preferably one of those with a wire inside) and maybe a bobby pin or two.


Start by putting the headband over your head so that it's just a little bit behind your hairline and all your hair falls underneath it. Pick up your hair, starting in the very back, and just tuck it into the top of the headband. Then work your way around to the side of the headband. You'll want the back to have a little more volume than the sides, so adjust as necessary. You may need a few bobby pins to hold your hair in place, particularly if you have long hair or bangs. But you can also wrap your hair around the headband more than once if necessary.


That's it! It actually stays really well throughout the day, but if you feel like you need some hairspray or extra bobby pins go for it. I only used one pin and the headband and this stayed in place all day.


Do you have a favorite hairstyle to keep frizz out of your way for the summer?

2 comments :

  1. I really need to give this a go - thanks for the how to! My hair has been frizz central lately with all of this humidity ><;

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Summer frizz is the worst. I do a lot of buns & braids.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...