Sunday, July 7, 2013

Makeup Favorites

I don't do a lot of posts like this but I've decided that I'll start because why not? I get or have gotten a lot of boxes (a la Birchbox and Voxbox) with samples of makeup and similar products to try out, and there are a lot of brands and products I've discovered that I really like. Here are a few of my recent favorites.


  1. Fibre Lashxtend Mascara - I don't know what to say about a mascara that makes it great besides that it looks nice, it lasts a long time, and it doesn't give me those little black remnants under my eyes at any point throughout the day. So that's pretty much all I can ask for.
  2. Tarte Lucky Lip Tint - This is a really great color for summer, it applies nicely, and it actually smells kind of good which isn't a thing I would normally care about in a lip product but it's nice nonetheless.
  3. Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream - This also smells really awesome and it's a good alternative to regular liquid makeup which makes my face feel kind of icky.
  4. Stila One Step Bronzer - You know what bronzer is, I'm sure. This is the best one I've tried.
  5. Osis+ Mattifying Powder - This product takes all of the shine out of my hair like a dry shampoo on days when I don't have time to wash my hair (a.k.a. most days) and it also adds some volume and texture which is cool I guess.
  6. Revolution Organic Beauty Balm - I use this mostly as a blush, but it can also be used on lips and eyes so it's like one of the most useful products I've come across.
  7. Brazen Cosmetics Eyeshadows - This isn't something I got from a box, but I wanted to mention it anyway. Brazen is a local Metro Detroit company and my friends and I actually had a private makeup party there a few months ago. We drank wine and tried on all kinds of different products and the owner helped us decide what would work best for each of us. If you're in the area, you should definitely check it out.
  8. Jouer Lip Enhancer - I have chronically dry lips, like no matter how much water I drink and how much chapstick I use. This is the only thing that has worked long-term for me.
Do you have any favorite beauty products you've tried recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...