Monday, July 22, 2013

DIY Cutout Shoes


This is one of my favorite projects I've done in awhile because 1. It was really easy, 2. It didn't turn into a disaster, and 3. It didn't require me to buy ANYTHING.

A few months ago, my friends and I had a craft night at my apartment where we decorated canvas shoes. I had a huge box of them that I bought from a wholesaler, so we all used markers and paint and fabric to spruce them up a bit. At the time, I never actually thought of doing any sort of cutouts on the actual shoes, but I've seen a lot of these types of shoes around lately and I really like them. So I figured that since I still have so many lying around, it couldn't hurt to try.



What you need:
  • 1 pair of canvas shoes
  • pen
  • scissors
  • clear nail polish



Start by deciding where you want your cutouts to be located. I made 2 cutouts on each side of my shoes. Lightly draw where you want them to go, but have your marks be slightly inside of where the actual cuts will be so that you don't have pen showing when you're done. Then make your cuts with scissors. Add some clear nail polish to where you made the cutouts so that the canvas doesn't end up fraying. And you're done! You can even paint or draw on your shoes before or after to make stand out even more. There are lots of ideas over in this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...