Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DIY TV Stand Doors


Sometimes I feel like all my DIY projects here are things that I make out of garbage that I just can't bring myself to throw away due to my hoarder-in-training status. And this one's no exception. Here's an upcycled TV stand made out of an old box.


What you need:
  • cardboard box
  • wrapping paper
  • scissors
  • tape
  • hot glue
  • button

Start out by measuring the front of your TV stand from top to bottom and side to side. You'll want to cut two pieces of cardboard so that they match the height of the stand and take up just over half of the width. Then wrap the two pieces separately with wrapping paper.




Using a hot glue gun, make two lines along the top and bottom of the stand to serve as tracks to keep the doors in place, but that will allow them to slide from side to side. Then glue a large button onto the front door to serve as kind of a handle. Now you can keep all your electronics and cords and junk hidden but still access them easily.


I think my Star Wars potatoes like it.

2 comments :

  1. Take 1 ModCloth box, and cut into pieces. :) So very green of you, and I hope the clothes you bought were fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...