Thursday, April 4, 2013

DIY Polka Dot Flats


I'm a little obsessed with polka dots, as you may or may not know. So I sometimes like adding polka dots to things. Here's a really easy DIY project to add some polka dots to your shoes.

What you need:
  • an old pair of flats
  • circle scrapbooking stickers
  • spray paint
  • 2 plastic bags

Before you get started, you should make sure your shoes are as clean as possible. Mine had some scuffs and other marks that I couldn't remove with a magic eraser, so I just made sure not to put any stickers over those spots so that they would be covered by the paint.



Take your stickers and place them around your shoes. I used about 16 for each one. Put some plastic grocery bags or other fillers inside each shoe so that you don't get paint all over the insides. Then go outside and spray paint them, making sure to cover them from every angle.


Once they're dry, remove the plastic bags and the stickers and you have yourself some flats that look brand new!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...