Monday, April 15, 2013

Craft Night Part 1: Decorating Canvas Shoes


It's been awhile since my girlfriends and I had a craft night. So I hosted one this month where we had two different projects people could work on. The first was to decorate some canvas shoes. I bought this huge box of shoes from a bulk site probably two years ago with intentions of decorating and selling all of them... that didn't happen, but it was cool to see all the different ways my friends decorated them.








If you want to decorate your own shoes, here's how we made these. Clockwise from top:
  1. mint acrylic paint on the tongue and accents, silver glitter mod-podged onto the sides
  2. metallic fabric paint on the sides, duck cut from fabric and attached with mod podge
  3. metallic fabric paint on the sides, matte fabric paint on the front, mint nail polish on the accents
  4. stars and moons painted with acrylic and fabric paint
  5. abstract design using fabric markers
  6. acrylic paint on the accents, fabric flowers attached with mod podge
  7. metallic paint all over, matte paint on the accents, fabric on the tongue attached with mod podge
  8. fabric marker used to make oxford-like accents, dots made with glitter nail polish


 
I also have a few more that I made previously. From left to right: 
  1. zig zags made with fabric markers
  2. saddle shoes made with fabric paint
  3. dots made with acrylic paint, using a cutout sponge
  4. flower pattern using acrylic paint
  5. covered in chalkboard paint

Clearly there are so many different ways to decorate these. And I STILL have shoes left. So I guess there's a possibility of me posting more of these here in the future. Do you have any other ideas for decorating canvas shoes?

4 comments :

  1. I LOVE those with the mint polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your craft nights (both what comes out of them, and the idea of getting together with friends for crafting fun!) and this is such a cute idea! Love the mint/glitter ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they will look much better in person than in the picture. I find mens leather jackets on cwmalls.com feel softer than I expected, comfortable and stylish.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...