Friday, March 1, 2013

Recap: 25 Before 25


Tomorrow is my 25th birthday, which means I can rent a car I guess, but mostly it just means that I'm going to have a really fun weekend. It also means that I have to check on the progress of the 25 before 25 goals list I posted here last year. Here goes:
  1. Create a short stop-motion film - Yes! Several, in fact. I did so with the help of some nifty iPhone apps so it was really easy and almost feels like cheating but there's no use in making things more difficult than they need to be, right?
  2. Re-open my shop with a whole lot of new vintage and handmade items - I'm counting this one, even though I'm being very loose with the whole "whole lot of new vintage and handmade items" thing. I mostly stuck to the status quo.
  3. Try bikram yoga - Not exactly. I took a bunch of other yoga classes, some in decent heat, and decided that bikram yoga probably isn't my thing.
  4. Bake a really good chicken pot pie - I made on okay one so I'm counting this one.
  5. Watch all of the movies nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards before the show - Nope. I got around to watching 5/9. Fail.
  6. Launch a new lifestyle blog with my friends - Did it. Left it. Still counts.
  7. Attempt NaNoWriMo - Not at all.
  8. Plant a garden - If you count the little potted plants on my windowsills in my kitchen, which I do.
  9. Get my passport - Nope. It's on my list for next year.
  10. Take a trip somewhere with my girlfriends, probably Vegas, but we'll see - Yes! Vegas, and it was pretty fun even though I don't think it's my kind of place.
  11. Volunteer somewhere - I volunteered for some stuff for my local museum, so I guess it counts, but next year I'm going to aim for some different types of volunteer opportunities.
  12. Brush up on my Spanish language skills (which are basically non-existent at the moment) - Not at all.
  13. Read at least 40 books - I didn't actually count, but I doubt this happened.
  14. Do at least 1 crafty/DIY project on this blog every week - I didn't really stick to the one per week thing, but I did a lot of them so I'm counting this one.
  15. Find a cool apartment and move there - Check and check.
  16. Visit a Michigan winery - Nope.
  17. Write and plan an entire murder mystery dinner party - Started this one but didn't finish it.
  18. Bake bread from scratch - Not at all.
  19. Throw a Hunger Games party - We sort of had one at my friend's house before the movie release. Counting it.
  20. Participate in Relay for Life again - Yes.
  21. Sew a dress using a pattern and not taking any shortcuts - Not at all.
  22. Get another tattoo - Nope.
  23. Come up with a really creative Halloween costume - I wouldn't exactly say it was my best costume, but I'm really proud of my Charlie Brown hat so I'm counting it.
  24. Take some kind of class so I can learn a new skill - Aerial yoga? Yes.
  25. Go see a musical or play - I went to see La Cage Aux Folles and Chicago in Detroit this year. Check. 
Even though I didn't accomplish everything on my list it was still a really, really good year. I did some traveling, made some career moves, but mostly I just had fun and enjoyed being 24. If 25 is half as fun then I'm really looking forward to this next year. I'm still putting the finishing touches on my 26 before 26 list, so I'll be posting that tomorrow!

6 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great one and enjoy your weekend! I think you did pretty great on your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really fun idea!! But what happens when you're up to 50 and beyond? That would be a lot of things to do in a years time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed. I think I'll probably stop doing them by then hah.

      Delete
  3. Great idea! Also, Happy Birthday!!
    From a new follower, Sil.

    lovenlavish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...