Tuesday, March 5, 2013

DIY Lace Painted Candle Holders


I always love keeping candles around my apartment, but sometimes the generic glass jars and tea light holders just don’t do it for me. So I decided to make some upgrades.


What you need:
  • plain tea light holder 
  • lace 
  • tape 
  • spray paint 


Start by taping the lace in place around the bottom of the candle holder, making sure it’s as tight and secure as possible. Then – outside or in a well-ventilated area – spray paint around the whole candle, making sure the paint canister is level with the candle holders so that the lace pattern shows up underneath.



Give them a little while to dry, remove the lace (you can do another coat if necessary or if you want to rotate the lace so that you can cover the part that was taped – I just decided to hide that part against the wall though ;) ) But anyway, it's just kind of a neat abstract pattern that's less boring than a plain tea light holder. And you can even save the spray-painted lace to make some cool jewelry or something. Enjoy!


*This DIY post originally appeared on After Nine to Five

3 comments :

  1. Pretty!!!

    I've been making centerpieces for my wedding lately and I've come to realize that glittered mason jars make the best vases but I'm really loving this!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Easy and cute idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...