Tuesday, February 5, 2013

DIY Winter Wreath


I don’t know about you, but once I take all my holiday decorations down, I feel like my apartment is just too empty. But even though the remainder of winter is far from my favorite time of year, it can still be helpful to make some wintery decorations to fill the void left from those snowmen and sleigh bells. That’s why I felt the need to make this winter wreath for my front door.

What you need:
  • wreath frame 
  • white feathers 
  • snowflake sequins or beads 
  • hot glue 


I happened to have this feather fan lying around my apartment, so I wanted to make it into something more useful. I took apart the fan so that I just had about 15 good sized feathers. I started by gluing them in place around the wreath frame so that you couldn’t see it from the front. Once you’ve done that, trim off any excess feather pieces that stick too far out. Then place your little snowflakes around the wreath and glue them in place.


Easy as that! Now my front door doesn’t look so empty every time I come home. Do you have any winter decorations to help fill that Christmas void?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...