Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013

Hello 2013. I guess this is the time when I'm supposed to be setting goals and resolutions for the year ahead. But as I was browsing through posts here from previous years, I realized that I don't always follow through on these things (who does, really?) but that some things have actually worked out better because of it. I have absolutely no clue what 2013 has in store for me. I could set a really ambitious list or just one really important goal, but then a completely different opportunity could present itself and keep me from accomplishing what I originally set out to do. I don't want to limit my opportunities throughout the year based on what I said I would do back on January first, and I don't want to look back on this post later and beat myself up over not accomplishing what I originally set out to do.

So I've decided that my goal for 2013 is to simply be open to new opportunities, to take what comes to me and deal with it the best I can. I want to have more fun and not stress out over every little thing. I don't want to be always starting a new project or finish an old one just for the sake of finishing it. I don't want to have every day planned out by the minute. And I don't want to constantly worry that I am not doing enough.

In terms of this blog, I just want to have fun with it. The whole point of starting this was to just have a place to write and share things that I do and make. I don't really want that to change, but certain parts of this have become more of a chore. Starting today, I'm no longer offering sponsorships on my sidebar, because I really just don't want to put the time into managing it and I don't feel that it really adds much to this blog at this point. I might bring it back sometime in the future if I feel it necessary, but right now it just isn't.

I still have a lot of things I'd like to accomplish this year, but I will save those for my 26 before 26 list in March (wow). Maybe this year I'll try to eat healthier, but maybe I'll continue to eat late night Taco Bell regularly, and that's fine. Maybe I'll do something super exciting with this blog, but maybe I'll just keep doing what I've always done, and that's fine. I didn't accomplish all the goals I set for 2012, and that's fine. I need to just stop stressing so much and do the best I can. That's what 2013 is for, I guess.

What are some of your goals for 2013? Anyone else just not feel like setting any?

1 comment :

  1. I hope 2013 has amazing things in store for you Annie!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...