Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Piemaker


I said in my fall goals post earlier this year that I wanted to bake at least three pies - that didn't exactly happen during the fall, as I just finished two of them this weekend, but I did do it!

I ended up making another apple pie, which turned out just as delicious as the first one I made, along with a cherry and a lemon "meringue." For the cherry pie, we used a pre-made filling so it wasn't exactly homemade. But my mom made a crumb top from scratch, which I hadn't ever tried before, and it was really good. I tried to make a lemon meringue pie completely from scratch, but my meringue didn't actually meringue so it was more like a lemon pie with some sugary stuff on top. It still tasted good, but it looked kind of weird.

I think pies are probably my favorite things to bake, and I definitely plan to make a couple more this winter. Do you have any pie making experiences?

2 comments :

  1. I love baking pies! Always a great thing to bring to a dinner party!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...