Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Winter Wonderland Hallway


In an effort to find creative ways to decorate my little apartment for Christmas, I ended up spending a lot of time turning my boring hallway into a "winter wonderland." It's basically just tinsel garland, white led lights, and paper snowflakes, but I'm really liking how it turned out.


Want to make your own? First, you'll need to buy two tension curtain rods that fit in the width of your hallway. Hang them up at even heights at each end of your hallway.




Then start by tying the garland around one of the rods, string it around as many times as possible, and do the same with the lights. Make your favorite paper snowflakes (I don't need to go over this one right? I think everyone made these as a kid...) and tie them onto the garland and the light strands using either white yarn or string. My yarn has some sparkle, but I suppoooooooose that isn't mandatory.


Done! Now I feel very festive every time I walk through this hallway.

4 comments :

  1. What a fun idea! It looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is like a winter wonderland!! I LOVE it Annie!! PS Your blog banner is super adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Megan! I still have a few more changes to make around the blog, but I'm happy with the banner so far :)

      Delete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...