Thursday, November 15, 2012

Antiques Auction

Over the weekend, I got the chance to attend my very first real in-person auction. There were so many great antiques - furniture, clothing, books, and pretty much everything in between. I seriously wish I had a bigger apartment so I could have bought more. Here's a peek at some of my purchases.


This big ornate mirror was probably my favorite purchase of the day. I had been looking for a cool mirror for my living room area and this was one of the first things to catch my eye when I walked into the preview. It was a steal too ;)



This silver tea set was my most expensive purchase of the day, but I think it was totally worth it. I collect tea sets and I know I'll be keeping this one forever. 



This table is actually a Singer sewing machine table from the '50's, which I guess I now collect too (though not on purpose). I just seem to find these tables everywhere and they're always so cheap and in decent condition. I wasn't planning on bidding on this, but when it looked like it was going to go for less than $20 I just couldn't help but bid on it. 





And finally, I purchased two boxes full of hats, shoes, purses, and belts. I looked through the boxes at the preview and really liked a lot of the items, particularly the shoes. Then when I got home I found that not one of the pairs of shoes fit me right (they were either sliiiiightly too small or sliiiiightly too large - I might just keep some of the ones that are too big and try to make them work). So anyway, there will probably be a huge Etsy shoe sale in the coming months! But I love some of the old hats and purses so much.

I seriously had more fun than I thought I would just holding up my number and bidding against people. If you get the chance to go to an antiques auction in your area, I highly recommend it!

2 comments :

  1. That mirror is so pretty and I just adore that tea set!! (If I was there I think we would have gotten into a bidding war over that!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, some great finds. Love the tea set! Tea from the pot is so much better! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...