Sunday, October 28, 2012

DIY Leaf Mosaic Candle


I always love keeping candles in my apartment. The plain glass jars are fine and all, but sometimes I think they could use a little sprucing up to go along with the season. For this project, I did something sort of similar to the craft at our last craft night, but I went for more of a mosaic look.


What you need:
  • glass jar candle
  • fake fall leaves
  • mod podge + a paintbrush


It's pretty simple - rip up the leaves into little pieces and use the mod podge to coat the glass and fit the leaf pieces around the jar. Then add another layer of mod podge over the top and let it dry thoroughly. It's a super simple project, but it makes my candles a little more fun and festive, and it could easily be translated to fit different holidays or seasons.


1 comment :

  1. This is so simple and pretty. I love Mod Podge. It can do so many things.

    Craft night sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...