Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Importance of Girl Friends


This weekend, I went out for "brunch" (we got to the restaurant at around 2:30pm so they weren't actually serving breakfast anymore - it was quite upsetting) with some of my girl friends. I had to bring my camera because my computer wasn't at my apartment and I needed to upload some pictures. So I decided to document the outing for a post or whatever. I felt like such a ~blogger, and it was a little weird. I mean, sometimes I like looking at those "here's me and some people you don't know eating really cute food and walking around a cute town" posts, but I never read what goes along with them (sorry). I just assume it's something like: cupcakes, vintage shopping, lunch, cupcakes, macarons, cupcakes, coffee with a little design on the top, look how pretty my friends are, cupcakes. And I wasn't really into writing one of those (though I do like cupcakes and my friends are pretty).


But I did want to write about something I think is pretty important: girl friends. I see a lot of girls (more so a few years ago - I hope that most of us grow out of this way of thinking by our mid 20's) saying they don't have girl friends or don't want girl friends. They're too catty or they just like hanging out with guys more. I like my guy friends, but I really don't know what I would do without my girl friends. You can talk about certain things with girl friends that you can't talk about with anyone else. You can make fun dates and freak out about meaningless stuff without being judged. I think a lot of us (myself included) have gone through stages where we took our girl friends for granted in favor or other relationships, but I really do think it's an essential part of life and I just hope more people can realize that.


So I guess my point is that if you haven't seen them in awhile, call some girl friends up this weekend and go have brunch. Or go shopping. Or just watch a crappy movie together. If you live far away from them or can't go out, at least call them or have a Skype date. And if you don't think girl friends are important, then you don't know what you're missing.





And as a side note: my friends and I went out to lunch this weekend and then we did some shopping at a vintage store and had mini cupcakes. IT WAS REALLY CUTE. 

4 comments :

  1. I love that you are straying from the traditional "girls day out approach", and I agree one hundred percent, girlfriends are KEY to a good life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i couldn't agree more...sometimes you just need to chat with someone who bleeds once a month too, ya know?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something about GIRL friends - just talking about certain things, and others without inhibition. I have two close girl friends now, but I do find myself sometimes missing the days where so many of us would get together and go on fun adventures. An important relationship for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...