Monday, September 17, 2012

DIY Simple Fall Wreath


I just recently started getting some of my fall decorations out and putting them up in my apartment. So of course I needed to make a wreath for the front door. This project is so easy - all you need is a wire hanger, fall garland, hot glue, and some spare fake leaves and/or flowers.



Start out by shaping the wire hanger into a circle. There are tools you can use for this, but I just shaped it with my hands and used a table for some extra leverage. Then begin wrapping the garland around the wire. This might take some trial and error to make sure your garland goes around exactly two times (or more, depending on how long it is).




Once you've wrapped the garland, you can use some hot glue to keep the ends in place. Then if you'd like, you can use some spare leaves, flowers, or other embellishments to cover any bare spots and make it all look more polished and finished. Once you've done that, you'll probably want to bend the hook of the hanger back just a bit so that the bottom half of the wreath doesn't stick out.


And that's it! Super simple, and now my apartment is much more festive.

4 comments :

  1. Very pretty, Annie! I love Fall colors, they're just so pretty, on their own and together. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! Yes, fall colors are definitely my favorite :)

      Delete
  2. this is really cute! i love that it's on an old wire hanger too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alycia! It was kind of by accident too - I just couldn't find my wreath base and I found the hanger and thought "this could work!"

      Delete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...