Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Not-So-Green Thumb

So I stated in  my summer goals post that I wanted to start a little garden this year. I live in an apartment (strike one), but I was really determined to do it... at least I was when I first started it. I didn't do a whole lot of research (strike 2), as I thought I could just go with the basic directions that came with my supplies. As the summer went on, there were several days where I just wasn't home (strike 3) or where I left in the morning and got home really late and my mind wasn't like "hey, you should water those plants now!" 


But despite my three strikes, not ALL of my plants died over the summer. I had a couple little lavender plants in tea tins on my windowsill that are doing quite nicely (better than in these photos). And I have some basil in little pots over my sink that I sort of brought back to life after a short vacation where I was not thinking about plant maintenance.


But my little garden area where I planted mint, parsley, and dill didn't make it out of the summer alive. I got them to sprout and then I think it was just a little too much for me considering the space and the time that I have. I think I've learned a lot though, and I would like to try it again next year, with more initial research and consideration for my time constraints/laziness.


Have you ever planted a garden? And do you have any essential tips you'd like to share? Obviously I need all the help I can get...

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

3 comments :

  1. I totally have a black thumb...but my husband and I planted blueberry bushes this summer and they are still alive and producing fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I'd love to have a yard so I could try planting stuff like that.

      Delete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...