Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fall Goals

Before you get all "summer's not even over!" on me, let me just tell you that I do not care one bit about summer. It was cool when I was in school (obviously), and it's alright because you get to go swimming and stuff, but I've never been a huge fan of the season itself. Give me cool temperatures, crunchy leaves, and apple flavored everything any day of the week. I personally think the year just gets better as it goes on: January and February suck, spring is cool because you get to go outside, summer is even better because there's a lot more to do, fall is even better because you can be outside and actually be comfortable and there's still stuff to do, and Christmas is the best time of all. So now that you know my feelings on the seasons, I'll tell you about some of the stuff I want to do this fall.


  • Bake three different types of pies. Last year I baked my first apple pie and it was delicious if I do say so myself. So this year I want to make another one with apples from a local orchard, and then try two new kinds as well
  • Go on a few trips to apple orchards. There are a lot of them in Michigan, and I love exploring them.
  • Visit a corn maze. These are just fun. I don't care that I'm an "adult."
  • Write and plan a murder mystery party. I've already started writing a murder mystery, so I hope I can finish it before Halloween and host a whodunit dinner party.
  • Make a cool Halloween costume. I've always loved handmade costumes, and I have a lot of different ideas for this year.
  • Go to a Halloween party or two or three. The more the better, because then I can make and wear more costumes.
  • Keep my shop open and get rid of a lot of my hat supply. If you or your kids need accessories for Halloween costumes, look no further!
  • Decorate my apartment for fall/Halloween. I've never lived completely alone before, so I'm really excited to do my own thing with decorations. And of course I'll be making a lot of it.
  • Carve and decorate a pumpkin or two.
  • Try out some new apple desserts and dishes. You already know how I feel about apple flavored everything in the fall.
  • Get lots of pumpkin spice lattes.
  • Learn how to make my own pumpkin spice lattes. Going out for coffee all the time can get pricey, and I like making new things.
  • Hand out candy to trick-or-treaters.
  • Visit a petting farm. They seem to always have these at apple orchards and corn mazes, and I love seeing the animals.
  • Go to an antiques auction. This isn't an activity that's specific to fall, but I happen to know of one that's happening around here this fall, so I plan on going. It'll be my first real auction and I can't wait to hear the auctioneer and get one of those paddles.
  • Bake cinnamon doughnuts.
This is all I can think of for now, but it's a definite possibility that I'll add to this in the coming weeks. Now all I need is for it to cool down just a bit more so I can shut off my AC and leave the windows open always. I just love fall! (did I mention that already?)

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

13 comments :

  1. That's quite a list! And I love it. I'd love to do the very same things:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big list but I'm sure you can do it :) I always want to make myself one but I know I would never get it done, lol.

    I love your new layout, by the way. Very nice!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find list making helpful, or else I won't do anything haha.
      And thanks!

      Delete
  3. I'm working on my "bucket list" for fall - I can't wait for cooler weather! Although where I live it seems to go straight from summer to winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, that is the worst. I love the fall weather!

      Delete
  4. i'm a fall fan too. september to december is my favorite time of the year. definitely want to go apple picking this year.

    www.romanticallychallenged.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so fun! I don't think I've been apple picking since I was in elementary school. And I totally agree with you about September-December.

      Delete
  5. I love your "the year gets better as it goes on" theory. Agreed. And your list? So much fun and love to be had! Can't wait for fall for all of these reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've inspired me to make a list too, that way things might actually get done before the season is over (since, as you know, it goes by WAY too fast in Michigan).

    I've never baked a pie from scratch, will love to see what you make. And I'm liking this homemade pumpkin spice latte idea... YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh and where is this antique auction? i've never been to one but it's been on my list of things to do for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be in Wyandotte probably the first weekend in November. They haven't nailed down the details yet, but it's definitely happening, and I will definitely be posting more about it once I find out.

      Delete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...