Sunday, August 26, 2012

DIY Curtain Garland

So here's the latest in my attempts to un-boringify (it's a word I made up) my living room. I promise I'll move on to a different room one day. Anyway, I bought these plain yellow curtains because they were all I could really find and I like yellow, but i wanted something a little more interesting. Meanwhile, I have all this scrap fabric lying around that I don't know what to do with. Lightbulb!



I took all the fabric and cut it into strips (about one and a half inches thick, but I guess you can do whatever you want. I tied a bunch of the strips together until it was about as long as my curtains.



Then I strung yarn through the curtains up by the curtain rod, so that I had a place to tie all the fabric scraps. That's basically it. All you need are some scraps of fabric, scissors and yarn to make your curtains un-boring.



I think I'm going to play around with these and maybe make some different types of garland (maybe some fall colors next). But for now I think this fits.

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

1 comment :

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...