Monday, August 6, 2012

DIY Clothespin Photo Wall

I've posted before about my apartment's long hallway and how I wasn't really sure what to do with it. It takes up a significant chunk of my home, but it's not a room per se so I wasn't exactly sure how to decorate or make it "me." All that was there originally was this ugly thermostat just taking up space smack dab in the middle of the wall. So here's a super easy DIY project that helped mask that eyesore and brighten up my apartment.



What you need:
  • Clothespins (as many as you want)
  • Yarn, embroidery floss, or cord that stretches a few inches beyond the length of the space you want to cover
  • A hammer and two nails
  • washi tape, paint, and any other decorative accents
 


I started out by decorating my large clothespins with washi tape and acrylic paint. I painted different patterns and mixed up the tape so I would have a lot of colors and styles. Then I dispersed those decorated clothespins in with the smaller, plain ones.




I strung the clothespins onto my embroidery floss, then measured my wall and hammered nails on either side. I then tied the embroidery floss onto the nails, and had fun adding some pictures and other stuff to the wall.



This type of display is really fun because you don't have to just use it for one thing. You can display photos, handmade details, signs, and even coupons that you want to keep by the door for when you go out to run errands. I'm definitely going to add more to mine in the coming weeks and months!



Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

5 comments :

  1. Cute! My husband and I want to do something like this. Instead of a pin board for memos, etc, a clothesline! I like the way you decorated the clothespins with washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it definitely serves the same purpose as a bulletin board, but way cooler ;)

      Delete
  2. I have a long apartment hallway too - this is a great solution!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely try it then!

      Delete
  3. Hi Annie! Ruthy over at Discovery Street posted about your blog and I just had to check it out. :) The washi tape on the clothespins is such a great idea!! I did a similar project in our apartment but I actually put up rows of thick hemp with clothespins, photos and inspiration board-type things, to use in place of a headboard for our guest bedroom. I also used decorative upholstery nail heads to tie the hemp onto instead of plain nails. It can really jazz a wall up!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...