I mentioned the other day that my friends and I made something out of recycled materials at our craft night this weekend. It was a super simple project that people could really easily customize to make totally different items using only cardboard from old boxes and chalkboard paint. Here are a few of the different things my friends made, and a few that I made on my own.
1. Comic book prop: Pow! Blam! Kaboom! Write any exclamation on this pointy cutout and then you can use it to have a fun photoshoot with friends.
2. Glasses Prop: This is another cute cutout you could use for photoshoots. Just cut your cardboard into the shape of glasses and you can even draw different kinds of eyes - shifty eyes, flirty eyes, angry eyes, etc.
3. Photo Frame: Cut out a simple frame that fits over whatever photo you'd like to use, then you can either glue it to a cardboard back or even stick on some magnets and display the photo on your fridge.
4. Polaroid Frame: Polaroid pictures with the little bottom section you could write on were just so convenient. Recreate that with this bottom-heavy cutout. Again, you can secure your photo with a cardboard back or magnets.
5. Heart Cutout: This is just a simple shape that would be fun to display around your home. You can recreate this with any shape, but a heart is fun because you can write lyrics, notes, or sweet quotes from your favorite book (HG, anyone?)
6. Talk Bubble Prop: Can you guys tell I like photobooth props? This one is pretty self-explanatory.
7. Photo background: This one is the same idea as the photo frame, but it's just a basic rectangle and you can put any size photo on top of it, depending on how much room you need for chalk drawings (please don't judge me too harshly for my terrible attempt at chalk palm trees).
It's amazing how many different things you can make with just a couple simple supplies. Do you have any other ideas to share?
Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter