Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DIY Chalkboard Necklace


It's been awhile since I posted a DIY here, so I thought I'd ease back in with this really simple project, chalkboard beads. I personally think this would be a fun project for kids, but it's also a really easy way to personalize a necklace. You can write your name or just draw a cool pattern and change it up daily. All you need are some beads with semi-flat sides, other beads for embellishment, chalkboard paint, cord or embroidery thread, and a paintbrush.



Start by adding a coat of the chalkboard paint to one side of your beads. Once it's dry, add another coat - I did three coats total. You can paint both sides if you want, depending on your own needs, but I only painted one side. Then string your beads onto the cord of your necklace. Write/draw whatever you want with your chalk and voila!



Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

5 comments :

  1. that is so cool! i love anything chalk boards and never realized it could be turned into a necklace! love! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a clever idea! I've been wanting to buy chalkboard paint for the longest time, there's so many things you can do with it. I also love this dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! found you via your links on LA (Freckled nest). following along on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...