Thursday, July 26, 2012

5-Minute Lamp Re-Style

Since I moved into my apartment this spring, I've been struggling to come up with a defined "style" for my living room. I have every other room pretty well figured out, but for some reason my living room has just been this place where I put all the stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Just recently, I've decided to embrace the eclectic space it's become and just make everything a little more fun and colorful. So as I try to cover up all the boring parts, I knew that I'd definitely need to do something about my plain white lamps.


Luckily, I had some fun polka dot tape that I bought with my Smash Book journal, and that made dressing up my lamps super easy. All you need is some boring lamps and any kind of patterned tape. Some hot glue couldn't hurt either, if your tape's adhesive isn't that strong.




Carefully wrap the tape around the top and the bottom rim of the lampshade. Secure it with glue if you need to.  You can even put some tape going up and down the corners of the lampshade, but I decided that I preferred mine without. That's all you need to do! Now my lampshades are much more fun.


Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

10 comments :

  1. cute! Washi tape can really transform something cant it? i just bought the exact tape a couple of weeks ago and ordered a bunch more today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! It is a really great product :)

      Delete
  2. I love the transformations a little washi tape can make...so classy + cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is a miracle product, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. That is actually really cute and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsey! It's even easier than it looks ;)

      Delete
  4. ahhh! lol this is genius! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you!! Simple projects are sometimes the most fun!

      Delete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...