Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Inspiration Collage DIY

Now that my apartment is mostly put together, I get to focus my energy on fun stuff like artwork for my walls. I've always loved collages and I'm notorious for cutting pages out of magazines just because something is pretty. I never really have much of a purpose for these clippings, so I thought it would be a good idea to put them to use, by way of a little inspiration collage.




What you'll need:

  • magazines
  • a canvas
  • mod podge
  • white acrylic paint
  • paintbrushes




Start by cutting or ripping out what parts of each page you'd like to use. I like the ripped look better, so that's what I did. I only cut the ones that would go along the edges to make sure they were straight lines. Also, since I used white paint for the quote at the end, I decided not to use any pictures that had a lot of white in them. You can use whatever color paint you want for the words, but just make sure they're going to be readable. Play around with where you'd like to put each piece, and then use the mod podge to secure them. Add another layer of mod podge over the top once it's all in place, and then let it dry.


Once it's dry, add a little quote or saying that you like, and voila! You've got a brand new piece of art that's completely personal to you (and you probably got rid of some magazine clippings that were making a mess of your bookshelf - or is that just me?)



Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

10 comments :

  1. oh my gosh, i love it. that is so creative!!! i also like the quote. for some reason, i also enjoy cutting out random objects from fashion magazines. i think i have a whole container of them.

    10% off discount code to Vantage Point Vintage

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only magazine hoarder! And thanks, Carrie!

      Delete
  2. this brings me flashbacks to high school. i used to do collages like this all the time! i think i might have to make one again after seeing this. love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I ALWAYS made collages in high school and then I didn't for soooo long, but this was really fun!

      Delete
  3. I just love this! It's so simple, and yet so effective - it looks ace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really easy to make too!

      Delete
  4. Love what you've done here!
    The collage looks brilliant on your wall.
    JS xx

    http://januarysublime.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. When we move, I think this is a must-do for our new place.

    - a

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...