Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cool Stuff of the Week

I'm always on the virtual prowl for cool craft, fashion, and designy things. So I'm starting a new feature here on the blog so I can share with you cool stuff made by other people. I'm giving it the snazzy title "cool stuff of the week," obviously.



I'm in love with these DIY surprise confetti lanterns from Oh Happy Day.



This DIY snow cone garland from Creature Comforts is perfect for summer parties.



I'm in the process of starting my own herb garden, so I'm really loving this hanging basket garden tutorial from A Beautiful Mess and these DIY popsicle stick garden markers from Oh So Lovely Vintage.



And these pop up gardens from Color Me Katie might be the actual cutest.



My new favorite app is this Lisa Frank Pic n Share, which adds Lisa Frank sparkly purple animal stickers and frames to your photos. I know all you 90's ladies will appreciate this!


I love a great bargain as much as the next person, but I've been leaning more and more away from "fast fashion" chains lately in favor of vintage and handmade clothing. This article from The Huffington Post makes a lot of great points about these chains and the quality of clothing that is sold today.


Alsooooo, my friends and I launched a new site this week, called Thought Pizza. Some links that might be of interest to readers of this blog include: DIY Pizza Pillow, Summer Fashion Tips, Handmade iPad Accessories, and Tips for Working from Home


And last but certainly not least, I literally cried due to cute overload when I saw this video of a pig going down the stairs and landing in a bowl of oatmeal. If you haven't already seen it, I can't emphasize enough what a great life decision clicking this link will be.


Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

8 comments :

  1. Love this new feature! I always love reading about what great things others come across on the Internets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mandy! Yes, there's so much great stuff out there - it's hard NOT to share all of it.

      Delete
  2. What a cool feature! I love those first lanterns...how fun! And Lisa Frank ruled my childhood, so you better bet I just downloaded that app! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I downloaded it the second I heard about it too. Now all I need is a trapper keeper :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I love Lisa Frank. I still have a pencil case that I plan on wearing as a clutch (yes, it's weird)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am stealing that suitcase garden idea! what lovely finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will too - it's seriously the cutest!

      Delete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...