Friday, May 11, 2012

Green Smoothies: 3 Ways

I've been hearing a lot about green smoothies lately. At first, the thought of adding spinach or other vegetables to a smoothie sounded (and looked) really gross. But curiosity got the best of me and one day I decided to add some spinach to one of my favorite smoothie recipes. To my surprise, it tasted exactly the same. It still looked strange, but if you can get over the fact that you're drinking something that looks like "slime" from 90's Nickelodeon, then you'll be good to go.

The best part of these smoothies is that there are so many different combinations and recipes. I've tried a few so far, and here are some of my favorites: the peanut butter banana green smoothie, the mixed berry green smoothie, and the chocolate peanut butter green shake. Some are "greener" than others, but it's a really good way to get some extra vegetables in a fun way!







Have any of you made green smoothies? Do you have a favorite recipe?

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

10 comments :

  1. What a great post! I'm gonna try some of these recipes. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmm! gonna try them when it's all summery outside

    from,

    helen @ http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh these look good! I'll have to try out your recipes!

    This is my favourite green smoothie:
    - vanilla almond milk
    - a banana
    - hemp oil
    - hemp seed (or flax seed)
    - a few big handfuls of baby spinach
    - about 5 (mini) ice cubes

    sooooooo delicious!!! All you can really taste is the vanilla & some banana. YUM. When I make it for Keith I throw in a bunch of berries, too. Gets rid of the green colour. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds so good - I'll have to try this one!

      Delete
  4. You just made me want to go and make a green smoothie right now. Seriously, all three of these look and sound delicious!!! I love to throw some oats into my smoothies whenever I make them! Also, cashews.

    Happy Monday!
    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've never tried using oats, but I've heard that it's really good. No cashews for me though, unfortunately, because I'm allergic.

      Delete
  5. Lovely! I drink my breakfast every morning. Here's a favorite: 3oz frozen blueberries & 1 frozen banana. 1/2 cup greek yogurt & 1/2 cup water. 1tbs flax seeds, 2tbs almond butter, 1 tbs lemon juice. I also add a scoop of protein powder and a handful of spinach. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! This sounds really good - I'll have to try it this week!

      Delete
  6. oh my these look amazing! i'm a smoothie freak and love finding new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for posting these recipes! i should try them out using the bag of spinach i have in my fridge needing to be used!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...