Friday, May 25, 2012

Deathly Hallows Photo Display DIY

About a month ago, I blogged about my monthly craft night/book club where my friends and I made some mobiles. I mentioned that I also made an additional project there that I wanted to share. It started with me just wrapping some yarn around a hoop out of boredom (I finished my mobile a little early) and then it turned into one of my favorite displays in my apartment.


All you need is a hoop of some kind - I used a round purse handle, some yarn, and two colors of ribbon. Start by wrapping your yarn around the hoop (the resurrection stone) until it is covered. This is a little tedious, but it's an easy thing to do while you're watching TV or catching up with friends. Then, take one of your ribbons and wrap it around the hoop in a triangle shape (the cloak of invisibility), making sure to weave it in and out of the hoop so it will stay put. Secure it to itself with hot glue or stitch it if you're fancy. Then take your other ribbon and wrap it around the length of the hoop once, starting at the point of the triangle and down to the bottom of the circle, making just a straight line (the elder wand). Secure that ribbon to itself with hot glue as well.



Tie a little string of yarn at the top so that you can hang the hoop on your wall. Then you can use the ribbons to display photos that don't fit in traditional photo frames.



I put mine up on my wall of hoop art (still in progress) and I really love how it turned out. It's important for every wizard to have some magic pride displayed in their home. Obviously.

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

2 comments :

  1. This is such a beautiful and creative idea. Thank you for sharing. Love it!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... too funny, and very cute. i like how you're using it.

    jessica
    http://feistyfeathers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...