Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Crochet Collar

Collars are, like, so totally in right now. There are a bajillion tutorials out there on how to make detached collars that you can add to different outfits (including mine), but my question is: if you love collars so much, why don't you just marry them a.k.a. just attach them to your clothing. Was that funny? No? Okay, I just couldn't think of a good way to start this post. So anyway...


I have a lot of dresses that are the same style, so I've been looking for a way to diversify my wardrobe a bit. I love decorative collars, and I love crocheting, so one day I just started designing a collar to go with this dress.


All you need is a dress or shirt that you think would look good with a collar, some complimentary yarn and a crochet hook, and probably a needle and thread of the same color. If your shirt or dress happens to be knitwear or a similar type of material, you can possibly crochet your collar right onto your dress, but I just stitched mine around once I finished crocheting.


As you know, I'm not good with patterns, so I can't really share mine, but here are a few different styles to get you started if you're unsure (1, 2, 3).



Now my old dress has a new look and it's, like, so totally in right now.

Outfit details: thrifted dress, Modcloth shoes

**I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

7 comments :

  1. love this, it turned out great!

    from, helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow... i'm not so good at crocheting. i wish i was! anyway that looks like a lovely color on a pretty dress :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative!!!!!!!!! Love it! Now, to learn how to crochet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely adore this dress and collar!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...