Monday, April 9, 2012

Funfetti Cake Pops

I don't fancy myself much of a baker. I enjoy baking and there are a few things I can do really well, but I'm not one of those natural bakers who can make everything super cute. I've been wanting to try making cake pops for awhile now, so I gave it a shot this weekend.


The basic gist is to just bake a cake and then crumble it up and mix it with a can of frosting. Shape the mixture into balls and then you melt some candy coating, use it to coat the cake balls and let them cool in the refrigerator for a few hours.



I didn't have any candy coating so I used this ice cream syrup that forms a shell when cooled. It worked well but when I left the cake pops out for awhile they started getting a little messy. I also didn't bother putting the cake pops on a styrofoam block to dry, and instead just put them on wax paper so that also didn't look the best. I knew this would happen, and just didn't really care.


They tasted really good though...

Are any of you really good bakers? Or are you like me and just try some things and fail about half the time??

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

6 comments :

  1. I love cake pops/balls and these look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, I made funfetti cake pops last week for an office party! :) They're definitely one of my personal favorites to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...I'm with you. When I make something taste is more important than looks most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. It would be cool if they looked good, but as long as I can eat them I won't complain!

      Delete
  4. Oh so adorable, Funfetti ones are my favorite to make :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...