Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Seneca Crane's Beard

Many of you have probably seen the Hunger Games movie by now. I'm sure you all had your favorite characters - Rue was adorable, Effie had some great lines, and Katniss was everything you expected her to be. But the real star of the show, in my humble opinion, was the beard of the head game maker, Seneca Crane. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see it here in all its beardy glory.


I made one of my own, of course, though I can't really call this project a DIY because I'm not exactly sure how to explain it so that you can make one yourself. I'll give it a shot though.



This is obviously my best look.

I cut one sheet of felt into a sort of half-egg shape, using my own chin area as a guide. I looked up a picture of Seneca Crane to see where the features were, and I held it up to my face several times to make sure everything was proportionate while I made the cuts. The good news is that it's completely symmetrical, so I only had to do this complicated process for one side, and then I just folded it in half and made the same cuts on the second side. I cut two small holes on the ends of the beard and crochet a little strand to go around the back of the head. I had to clean it up a little once I saw it on, but it's mostly just trial and error for this type of project. That probably sounded super complicated, but in reality the whole thing only took me about five minutes.


My friend Jared wore it to the movies. He pretty much stole the show.

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

11 comments :

  1. I love it. You come up with the most creative takes on things! I want to be your friend so I, too, can sport things like this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, let's be friends so we can make beards and other weird geek stuff, hahah!

      Delete
  2. I love it! What a fun project :) After we saw the movie, I told my hubby he should try and grow a natural beard like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahaha this is awesome!!! Best thing I've seen all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! Glad I could brighten your day :)

      Delete
  4. Oh Annie! This is brilliant. Seriously, I was in awe of that beard every time it appeared on screen. Aweeeesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the beard! it was seriously one of my favorite parts of the makeup/costumes! and I love your version of it...perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...