Sunday, March 18, 2012

Katniss Everdeen Arrow Headband DIY


Happy Hunger Games Week! This week's blog posts will be Hunger Games themed, because I'm just way too excited for the release of the movie. However, I think I've come up with some DIY ideas that will also interest those of you who haven't read the books. Case in point: this arrow headband. I've been seeing a lot of arrows around lately so I think they're kind of "in." And this headband is a little abstract and glittery (who doesn't like glitter?!)


What you need:

  • old headband
  • felt in three colors
  • glitter
  • mod podge
  • scissors
  • hot glue




First cut out your felt pieces. You'll need one long rectangle that measures almost the length of your headband. And then 3 large triangles and 1 small triangle in another color, and 2 large triangles and 1 small triangle in the last color. Glue the rectangle to the headband first. Then glue the point of the arrow (1 large triangle and a small triangle in the other color). Then glue down the remaining triangles to the back end of the arrow, rotating colors as you get toward the end, finishing up with the remaining small triangle.




Once the felt is in place, use the Mod Podge to cover the rectangle in glitter. I had to do about 3 layers. I also put a little bit of glitter on the triangle felt pieces, but not quite as much. Let that dry and you have a cute headband that can be enjoyed by citizens of Panem and others alike.

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

9 comments :

  1. what?? this is soo cute! love the glitter and geometry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG i love it!!!! I'm way excited about the movie too. I love the book, although i've only finished the first. waiting to get my hands on the others! right now i'm hooked on reading A Game of Thrones

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG i love it!!!! I'm way excited about the movie too. I love the book, although i've only finished the first. waiting to get my hands on the others! right now i'm hooked on reading A Game of Thrones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh yes, you definitely have to read the other two - the series is so good and so addicting. But Game of Thrones is also on my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! thinking it's something my step-daughter and I can do to gear up for the movie and we are celebrating her birthday this weekend with a Hunger Games party (which she doesn't know yet)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. You should let me wear that for the movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, whenever I post a comment, it's from the stupid blog I had to make for one of my classes. This is Whitney, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really cute! I might have to make one of these for everyday wears representing my hunger games love.
    I made a Katniss Inspired headband, too.
    http://tiny.cc/dctfbw
    If you want to check it out.

    Glad this made me stumble on your blog, I love it!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks really cute! I'm so excited for the movie too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...