Monday, March 19, 2012

DIY Mockingjay Necklace


I've been trying for months to come up with some way to fashion a handmade Mockingjay pin/pendant. I know there are so many available for sale, but I just wanted one that I made (that didn't look like complete garbage, either). This attempt was, admittedly, not the most creative idea ever, but it did the trick and I think all the charms I used can easily be found at most craft stores.



All you need is a circle pendant, a bird charm, and an arrow charm. I krazy glued these guys together (and my thumb to the krazy glue, in the process - I always do something like that, ugh) arrow over bird over circle. Then added a black rope necklace and voila! This would be cute to wear to the midnight showing or any time you want to show off your book-loving side. I think I'll just be wearing this every day for the next month.



Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

14 comments :

  1. It looks great!! It looks better than a lot of te ones I've seen that were a DIY. Kudos! (Kudos is such a weird word...but yet it's the first thing that popped into my head to type)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! And I enjoy the word kudos!

      Delete
  2. Nice job! It would look super cool to maybe hang some little red beads off of the various holes in the charms! Red for Katniss- The Girl on Fire!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh good idea!! I was definitely trying to think of a way to make those less noticeable, so I will totally try this. Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. it's almooooost tiiiiime!! Can you tell I am excited for this movie to come out? wait, I even think it's tomorrow! I like the DIY and would have never though about it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I'm so excited too! I'm having problems concentrating on ANYTHING else right now, hahahah.

      Delete
  4. I'm obsessed!!! This is the coolest thing, NEED to make one for Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! So glad you like it - let me know what you think of the movie once you've seen it! :) I'm so so excited.

      Delete
  5. love how it turned out! I'm soooo making one. Are you going to the premier tonight? :)

    http://munchtalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go to the premiere and loved the movie. I will definitely be doing a post about the premiere tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. Oh I love it! We're going to see the movie tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think! I really really liked it!

      Delete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...