Friday, March 30, 2012

DIY Moccasin Covers


A few weeks ago, I spilled food on one of my favorite moccasins (go figure). It was truly tragic. I had seen a few bloggers paint the tops of their moccasins, to add color and embellishment. I thought this would solve the problem, but I couldn't decide on a color. Then I thought it would be cool to make some little felt colors that I could change out to go with different outfits. Here's what I came up with:



What you need:

  • felt
  • scissors
  • sticky-back velcro
  • moccasins
  • highlighter or pencil



Start by putting your felt over the top of your moccasin and tracing over the top section lightly with a pencil or highlighter. Cut out the section and clean up the edges. Then use it as a template for the rest of your felt pieces. You'll also need to cut holes in the felt where the laces go through. Add some velcro to the top of your moccasins and the bottom of your felt pieces. Then you can add different felt embellishments like stripes, polka dots, and chevron.


I made these, which I think look kind of like Easter eggs. They're a little, um, different, so I thought I'd try them out with an outfit to see how well they fit in.



Outfit Details:
Dress: Modcloth
Shirt: thrifted
Belt: (from another dress) F21
Earrings: gift
Bracelets: Jewel Mint
Moccasins: Minnetonka/DIY

**I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

4 comments :

  1. This is so fun! What a cute way to brighten up an outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea- I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the maroon on tan! what an easy DIY project, you're always full of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...