Thursday, March 15, 2012

Craft Night

As you may or may not know, my friends and I have a book club that meets once a month to discuss books, do craft projects, and drink wine. This month, We discussed a couple of good books: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, but unfortunately the book talk got a little upstaged by the crafts and wine.


The craft was a little bookmark project. Some of my friends got the idea for the project, but I'm not sure if they used a specific tutorial. The basic gist is to put some fabric in between some paper and then cut shapes out of the paper so that you can see the fabric poking through. I have a really irrational fear of exacto-knives so I did fabric-over-paper for my bookmarks instead.






We also had a lot of fun taking photos with handmade props and trying to make a decent human pyramid. In case you ever plan to attempt a human pyramid, I highly recommend setting up your camera on a tripod and setting it to automatically take pictures every few seconds. It is really entertaining the next day.


Oh, and this is what the floor looked like when we were done with our crafts.


So, since we really didn't get to talk about the books much, have any of you read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close or Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? I'd love to discuss!

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

4 comments :

  1. This looks like such a fun book club! The crafts look fun :) And I giggled at the human pyramid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I read Extremely Loud..last month. I thought it was an incredibly beautifully written book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun looking group! I have read both, but i read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close back when it first came out, and I recall liking it, but not much more. I just read Mindy Kaling's book a month or two ago,and found myself wishing i had had some friends like her back in college!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! I wish I had more craft nights with my girls! They're not so... crafty!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...