Friday, March 2, 2012

Birthday Photobooth Props DIY


Okay, this project might not have that much to do with birthdays, but I think it would be fun to make these for a birthday party. I got the idea for these when I was cleaning out my bookshelves and had a bunch of old folders from college that I don't really have any use for, but don't feel like throwing away. I also have a crazy amount of popsicle sticks for some unknown reason. So let's get started!


What you need:

  • old folders and/or different colors of cardstock
  • popsicle sticks
  • hot glue
  • scissors


It's really simple, just come up with a few different objects that could make fun props with your group of friends (mine are: a mustache, a top hat, a purple beehive hairdo, a thought bubble, a black eye, a comic book KAPOW, cat eye glasses, a talk bubble, and an eye patch). Then cut out the shapes from your folders or paper, and use the glue and more paper to add some embellishments. 


Then it's time to attach your popsicle sticks. I used three popsicle sticks for each prop, which seemed to be a good length, making sure that about half of the first popsicle stick is glued to the prop itself so it stays steady (I attached an extra popsicle stick to the larger props like the beehive and the top hat so they didn't fall over).



That's it! Have fun taking goofy photos!




P.S. Today is my birthday, which is why I was saving this post for today, so I'll be back later with a 25 by 25 goal list!

P.P.S. Today is also Dr. Seuss's birthday, which is even cooler. Go read a book to celebrate!


Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

4 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday!! I love the glasses and mustache props :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a cute DIY. You and your friends seem like you always have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Annie! DIY props for photos sure makes a birthday celebration even more awesome! Have a great year till the next birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those photo booth, actually I also start creating my own photo booth props and crafts for upcoming birthday of my grandfather and I already hire a photo booth on that day.

    Photobooth

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...