Tuesday, March 6, 2012

25 Before 25

I meant to write this post on Friday (my actual birthday) but I was on vacation and my internet connection at the resort was disgustingly slow. Despite the slow wifi, it was a fun trip and a great way to start off my 24th year. I've been putting together some other ways to make it a great year, since I'm obsessed with goals and lists, I obviously had to make a list of 25 things to do before I turn 25. Here it goes.




  1. Create a short stop-motion film
  2. Re-open my shop with a whole lot of new vintage and handmade items
  3. Try bikram yoga
  4. Bake a really good chicken pot pie
  5. Watch all of the movies nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards before the show
  6. Launch a new lifestyle blog with my friends
  7. Attempt NaNoWriMo
  8. Plant a garden
  9. Get my passport
  10. Take a trip somewhere with my girlfriends, probably Vegas, but we'll see
  11. Volunteer somewhere
  12. Brush up on my Spanish language skills (which are basically non-existent at the moment)
  13. Read at least 40 books
  14. Do at least 1 crafty/DIY project on this blog every week
  15. Find a cool apartment and move there
  16. Visit a Michigan winery
  17. Write and plan an entire murder mystery dinner party
  18. Bake bread from scratch
  19. Throw a Hunger Games party
  20. Participate in Relay for Life again
  21. Sew a dress using a pattern and not taking any shortcuts
  22. Get another tattoo
  23. Come up with a really creative Halloween costume
  24. Take some kind of class so I can learn a new skill
  25. Go see a musical or play


Last year's 24 before 24 list was pretty much a failure. I think I completed 3 or 4 things out of 24, but it was due to some opportunities that came up that I couldn't really turn down. What can you do? So some of these items are repeats, but I should have more schedule flexibility this year and I'm determined to get more of these accomplished.

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

6 comments :

  1. Good luck with your list! I'm doing 101 in 1001 and plugging away at it slowly but surely, haha. My one-year mark is in mid-April :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list. I'm a wuss and prefer to not make a list of similar sorts because...well I don't think I'd fair too well. I love the idea of starting a lifestyle blog with your friends. I'd follow it! The Hunger Games party sounds...pretty spectacular also. Needless to say I'm excited for your list :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list! I've never done one of these before, but I'm planning on starting one in May for when I turn 23. I love the idea of the stop-motion video and murder mystery party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo a murder mystery dinner would be soo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck girl! I don't think you'll have hard time with #23 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your list is awesome! I hope you meet your goals. I vote you do the Murder Mystery party asap because you will fall in love and want to do them ALL THE TIME! I have been to 5 or 6 my friends/family take turns writing them we have 2-3 a year. The best one to start out with is Clue because most people know who the characters are already and it is easy to write.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...