Monday, February 6, 2012

Repurposed Bead Necklaces

Ever buy a bunch of necklaces that you end up just never wearing? I have a bunch of my own, as well as some that were given to me, that have some cute beads but just didn't go with anything in my closet. I decided that instead of just getting rid of them, it would be better to just make some different combinations with my existing beads.



I started by taking inventory of all my necklaces and removing all the beads. I then sorted them into color categories that I might actually wear.



I used embroidery thread and a needle to string the beads together. And for some of them I had to use wire and hoops to attach different pieces of the different necklaces together.


I still have so many beads to use up, but the cool part is that I can do anything with them. I can buy new beads to supplement, or just use a few beads and attach them to a chain with wire and hoops. I think it's a great way to use up supplies instead of throwing them out.


Do you have any old necklaces that you could repurpose?

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

3 comments :

  1. I'm forever buying necklaces from charity shops and broken ones off ebay with pretty beads to make my own - You always appreciate something more when you've made it yourself. Well worth the effort I'd say :-)

    Emma

    http://thepolkadotte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, what a fun idea! My mom used to collect old broken necklaces to "save the beads" but I don't think she ever did anything with them. I may have to raid her collection at some point...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'm always buying necklaces- only to wear them once or twice. But I don't know if I'd be able to take them apart- I'm not so great at doing that successfully. I might just ruin them! :)

    Lovely idea, I think I might try this with my simpler necklaces. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...