Monday, February 20, 2012

Downton Abbey Fashion

I'm sure that many of you, like me, have been swept up in the Downton Abbey hype. When I first started hearing about the show, I thought, "It's probably not as good as everyone says it is, but it's got to be worth watching if for nothing else but Maggie Smith and the clothing." Well, it is as good as everyone says, but even if it weren't, Maggie Smith and the clothes would still make it worthwhile. I've always been a big fan of the Edwardian style, and the elegant beaded dresses and feminine touches on this show are seriously amazing. And the hats. Oh, the hats. See for yourself. 









Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

8 comments :

  1. I love the Edwardian fashion too. Those dresses are just gorgeous. I really love the blue one in the 3rd photo. Lovely post :) Maggie xx

    http://prettyflowersinthewindow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH, gosh. I love this show, the characters, the clothes, drama, and accents so much it hurts! :D Lovely post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I haven't given it a chance yet... I'm scared to get addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i made it to episode 3 and am def intrigued. can't say i'm hooked yet but i'll give it a couple more episodes, so we shall see...

    i do love the fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to get sucked in - I'm a sucker for Maggie Smith as well as period pieces, but have been relatively good and restraining until I get caught up on schoolwork xD I can't wait to get addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the hats - can't beat a bit o Downton! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. basically I need all of these clothes for my Kentucky Derby party in May. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they're all so ridiculously lovely! I envy those stars for getting to wear such fun things and learn such a fun dialogue and shoot in such a lovely place! :) Is this season really over!? :(

    http://munchtalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...