Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wearing Handmade



I mentioned in my goals post for this year that I'm trying to steer this blog a little back into the DIY/crafty direction. I still want to include personal posts and outfits, but just to a different degree. So one way I plan to do this is by always including a handmade or DIY item in my outfit posts. This one includes my DIY painted canvas oxfords that I posted about the other day.



I chose to pair them with colorful tights and a few layers. I think it helps to include both of the colors from the shoes (in my case white and gray) somewhere else in the outfit, but also mix in some other colors as well so it's not so matchy-matchy. I also like including preppy details like the ruffles and cardigan, because I think that both oxfords and canvas shoes represent that kind of style.



Outfit Details:
Shirt: Old Navy
Cardigan: F21
Skirt: H&M
Tights: Target
Belt: Modcloth
Shoes: DIY
Necklace: Gifted

P.S. I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW

Keep up with new posts: RSS // Bloglovin // Twitter

6 comments :

  1. I love your pretty shoes Miss!!
    and that belt is just darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit so cute and stripes make me happy. Stop by sometime www.throughtheeyesofthemrs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwe! LOVE your heart belt! Such a great touch to the cute outfit!

    hi! Stopping by via WIWW!

    xo.
    Des.
    www.manoymetal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute outfit - love the heart belt and the ruffles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfits! I wish I could make handmade clothes for myself! Super cute!

    Visiting and now following from www.eliandellie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit - and those shoes are amazing! I'm visiting from What I Wore Wednesday and would love for you to join my ABC's of Style challenge at http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...